Interested in running in the NUS Delegate Elections?
Find out more info about this amazing opportunity below.
Click here for instructions on how to submit your nomination.
Dates of the election
You can nominate yourself to be an NUS Delegate from 9am on Monday 12th November until Wednesday 14th November at 5pm.
Voting will take place from 8am on Thursday 15th November until 3pm on Friday 16th November.
What does an NUS Delegate do?
The LJMU NUS Delegates will go to the NUS Conference in Glasgow, 8-11 April 2019 to represent the views of all 20,000 LJMU students. Seven delegates from LJMU will go, one of which will be the President of JMSU, Angelina Cliff.
Here you will:
- Discuss ideas (policy). Policy will be submitted by SU’s before the event and will be voted on. If it passes, the NUS will work on it for the following year.
- Elect the new leaders of the NUS for the coming year (this includes the President, five Vice Presidents and 15 part-time executives). They are responsible for leading the National Union and being the face of students in the media, so it is important that these are people you want to be represented by.
- Make sure the leaders are doing their job. The President and Vice Presidents (who will have been in office since 1 July 2018) will have submitted reports before the event for you to read, which they will discuss and answer any questions on.
Some other important bits:
- We'll cover your accommodation and travel expenses.
- You’ll be encouraged to attend relevant training days leading up to the conference to make sure you know your stuff.
- You must be available to attend the conference on the dates above to be eligible to stand.
- You don’t need to know anything about the National Conference or NUS to get involved - we’ll make sure you’re fully prepared for the election and the role. You just need to have a passion for making a positive change for students!
Interested? Click here for instructions on how to submit your nomination!