Outlined below are summaries of the officer roles, for full details click on the role of interest. Why not also take our fun quiz to see what officer role might suit you here.
- The President of the Students' Union has a very important role in representing LJMU students to the university. They make sure that students are heard when important, strategic decisions are being made by the university that might affect LJMU students.
- The President is a Student Governor on the University Board of Governors, where they make big decisions that create real and positive change for students.
- They also get to work on their own campaigns, which are supported by the Student Union’s staff team.
Vice President Activities
- The Vice President Activities focuses on working with and developing our student sports clubs and societies.
- They will spend time with the student groups to understand their needs and help to increase their membership by promoting them widely to students.
- This job involves meeting loads of enthusiastic and energetic LJMU students, getting involved in new activities as well as supporting and promoting social, cultural, religious and political activities.
Vice President Education
- The Vice President Education works to make teaching, learning and resources at LJMU better for students.
- They ensure that the university knows what LJMU students need from their education, so that LJMU students are getting value for money from their degrees.
- They train and work with our large group of student volunteers, Course Reps, to collect and collate this information from every course.
Vice President Community & Wellbeing
- The Vice President Community & Wellbeing work to make sure that LJMU students feel happy, healthy and safe during their time at university.
- They work on improving accommodation, safety and transport and are the face of LJMU students for the local community, local councils and national government.
- They ensure JMSU and LJMU continue to develop their procedures so that both organisations become more sustainable.