Running and going to student-led events can be one of the best parts about being part of a student group. We're here to help you consider all of the different aspects to your event to ensure it is successful. Most importantly though, as a student group affiliated with JMSU, we need to ensure that your event is safe and accessable for all members of your group.
What we need from you for your event:
- Notice Period - For a small scale, low cost event (non-drinking activities, taster sessions, themed events) we will need at least 3 weeks notice. For large scale, high cost events (end of year Ball) we will need at least 6 weeks notice.
- Risk assessments - We will need you to support us with completing the necessary risk assessments.
- Confirmation of how you are funding your event - Do you have sufficient funds in your student group account to run this event, or do you need to do ticket sales, apply for money from the grant pot and/or do fundraising activity to raise money for the event?
- If the venue is external - We will need copies of the venue's risk assessment and public liability insurance. If you are hiring in third party companies (e.g. DJ), then we will require copies of their Public Liabilty Insurance and a Portable Applliance Test (PAT) certificate if they are plugging in any equipment at the venue.
If you are signing a contract as part of the hiring venue, we will need to approve this request as students are unable to sign off on these bookings.
What to consider when planning your event
If you need any further support regarding events, then please contact
– Groups that have been given money from the grant pot to support their event costs do not need to fill this form in, provided that all the event details were detailed in their grant application.
Event Budget – This will help you budget your events finances
– This form must be filled out for any group who wishes to host a speaker that is not an LJMU student or staff member. Fill it out at least 3 weeks before the proposed event.