GP Services

Have you registered with a local Doctor yet? It is strongly advised that students register with a local GP service when you move to University. This is so that when you fall ill you can avoid those long waits in the walk-in centre and will be able to get an appointment as promptly as possible.

Not registered yet? What are you waiting for? Don’t wait until you fall ill, register now, find your halls below and follow the link to find your nearest GP surgery. If you live in none of the halls listed below, in the community or in wider areas of the city, click here to find your local GP services. 

If you feel that you require urgent medical assistance, please contact the emergency services.

Agnes Jones House

Grenville Street

Apollo Court

Larch House


Lennon Studios

Cambridge Court

Liberty Atlantic Point

Capital Gate

Liberty Prospect Point

Cathedral Campus

Marybone Student Village

Cedar House

My Student Village / (clv) Liverpool


Myrtle Court

Falkland House

North Western Hall


St. Andrew’s Gardens

Grand Central

Victoria Hall


Dental Services

We strongly advise that you register with an NHS dentist and go for regular check-ups.  Emergency dental treatment is available from the Liverpool University Dental Hospital Oral Diagnosis Clinic (used to be Dental A&E), or if you would like to search for your nearest dentist, please click here. There are usually charges for dental treatment and check-ups.

Sexual Health

For many students, this will be their first time away from home. This brings all sorts of new opportunities and experiences. It also brings new responsibilities. It is important to think about your own sexual health and wellbeing, as well as each other.  Here are some organisations you can use:

Liverpool Centre for Sexual Health (GUM)

Located within the Royal Liverpool Hospital, this is a consultant ran service specialising in the management and care of people who may be worried about issues affecting their sexual health. Click here for more information on the services provided and how to book an appointment.


Click here for more information on the services provided and to book an appointment.

Student Health Centre

The student health centre (run by Brownlow Health) has a drop-in service providing STI testing, contraception, emergency contraception and free condoms for:

Students of JMU or Hope (or in fact any patient) can also register ONLY if they live in the Brownlow Health catchment area: L1, L2, L3 and parts of L6/7/8.

​Students can take advantage of this service by visiting Brownlow Health's Student Health Centre at 150 Mount Pleasant.

Trans Support Service

LCH Trans Support Service (TSS) is a new service which has been set up to support local transsexual, transgender, and gender non-conforming people by listening to them, informing them of available options to relieve their gender distress and empowering them to move forward with their lives. Click here for more information.

SAFE Place Merseyside

SAFE Place Merseyside is a joint venture supported by the Home Office, Merseyside Police, Merseyside Police Authority, Liverpool Citysafe Partnership, Merseyside NHS Primary Care Trusts and Local Authorities. Their aim is to provide choice and confidential support to adults or young people following sexual assault or rape. Click here for more information.


RASA is there for anyone who has been sexually abused or raped, or who has been affected by sexual violence at any time in their lives.  RASA have particular experience in working with adults who have been sexually abused as children. They offer emotional support, counselling, advocacy and other services to help survivors in ways that work for them.   They will also work with non-offending family and friends of survivors. Click here for more information.